Wednesday, January 1, 2014

My blogging goals for 2014

I am participating in a blogging bootcamp because I would love to develop my skills and style. What better way than to submerge myself in it? Blogging is a healing concept for me, not only as a reader but from the writing perspective. I believe it has given me a handle on my thoughts.

I'll start with the questions below.
1) What are your 2014 blogging goals?

I would really like to blog in a more regular fashion. I have found that the last few months and flown by so quickly and in hind site, there have been many opportunities I have missed to document and share. By the time I feel like I want to write, it's old news to me... strange.

In 2014, I am going to make time for myself to share my experiences with grief especially. I know that reading other bereaved parents' blogs has helped me so much and I really feel like it's my duty to share also. I am also going to document my journey to midwifery better. This might be a personal concept that people aren't interested to read about but my experience is different than others'.


2) Set up your method of blogging organization. Is it a planner, iCal, a free printable you found on Pinterest, or only in your head? Where are you writing down all the great blog post ideas that come to you but you don't have the immediate time to blog? What are you going to use in 2014?

Organizing my blog ideas... I hadn't thought about this until right now. What I'm going to do is use the calender in my phone since it's the only item I can guarantee that I will always have with me. This way I can document all of the ideas and also have them placed on the calender for later writing.
3) Sit down and write your January editorial calender. Is this something you've ever done before?

I have never created any kind of editorial calender. I love this idea. It will help keep me on track. For January, I am going to plan a blog once a week. Monday will be my tentative blog day. I decided to theme my January blog posts. This month I am going to write about topics involving birth. I'm a doula and currently undergoing a midwife apprenticeship so this will be a rich and meaty topic for me that I will certainly love to talk about.





So there you have it. My plans for January 2014. Comments and suggestions are always welcome. I look forward to interacting with my readers in this new year. :)

Thanks to Launderlife for the questions! 

2 comments:

  1. This is great, Amber! You've got the right idea about the editorial calendar. I've never used one before, either. I'm hoping I can get ahead of schedule a bit so if I want to take a few weeks off blogging I can use my pre-written posts when needed.

    Blogging has been very therapeutic to me as well. You have so much to offer the blog-o-sphere with your experience with Jasper and education as a doula. I'm so honored to know you, friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you! I am humbled. I'm honored to know you! You've done a lot for me. :) I'm hoping to hone some skills and make it all better.. like you. :)

      Delete